Welcome to the very first episode and show notes of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast hosted by yours truly and my main man, Kevin Warren.
In today’s “pilot” podcast, you’re going to learn how I linked up with a stranger from Houston, TX to create a podcast, why we’re doing this and what you can expect from the show.
I just wanted to give that brief primer, everything else you need to know is in the show! For shortcuts, see the show notes below!
0:00 – 14:00: Who we are, how we met and why we’re recording a show.
- Brief intro of Justin and Kevin.
- How did Kevin and Justin meet?
- The purpose and goal of the podcast.
14:00 – 33:00: The Power of Social Media.
- The art of networking and strategic partnerships.
- Social Media: Accessory or Necessity?
- The evolution of mentorship.
- Calling out CORY GREGORY!!!
- Creating your “brand” is actually simple.
33:00 – 49:00: The Toss Up Round
- Justin and Kevin go point for point in the Toss Up Round.
- The Toss Up: Each host describes a gym scene to the other. The opposing host has to guess if that scenario is completely made up or is something that actually happened either in-person or online.
49:00 – 56:00: HOT TAKES *Insert Flame Emoji*
- Kevin weighs in on Mayweather vs. McGregor.
- Justin explains a very controversial opinion on music.
56:00 – 1:04:00: Exercises You Should Be Doing
- Justin talks about the TRX Sled Pull and why you should be doing it.
Demonstrating a CONCENTRIC-ONLY Face Pull here with the TRX/Prowler set-up. But why? Isn't the ECCENTRIC portion of a lift the most important piece for strength & hypertrophy? Yes. It can be. But it doesn't have to be the only way. Click the link in my bio to learn about how to use Concentric-Only Training to skyrocket your performance! I think you guys are going to love this new article for @drjohnrusin .com! #strength #training #athlete #fit #fitness #posture #healthy #motivation #drjohnrusin #trx #back #facepull #elitefts #prowler #sled #concentric #article #blog #education @stackmedia @pacefitacademy
- Kevin wants to sculpt your posterior chain with Blackburns.
Quite possibly the most comprehensive posterior chain workout there is- GHD Blackburns. These hit everything on the back side of your body. Upper back, lower back, glutes, and hamstrings will all be torched. – Squeeze your glutes and keep your lower back tight to stay horizontal to the ground. If your gym doesn't have a GHD, use the 45° back extension. And if you're a beginner, just try doing these laying flat on the ground with no weight. – If you can get 20 slow and controlled, unbroken reps then you're doing pretty good. By the way, these are only 2.5 lb. plates.