Welcome to episode 10 of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast! Stream below to hear the amazing story of Zach Homol, who took himself from jobless in a new city to being a world-recording powerlifter and successful gym owner. You do not want to miss this episode!
2:00 – 8:00: Zach Homol Bio & Background
- Getting into powerlifting at an early age.
- Taking a chance by moving to Indianapolis, where he didn’t know anybody.
- Using social media to provide value and impact lives.
8:00 – 26:00: Zach’s Powerlifting Career
- Going from a max bench press of 50 lbs. in 9th grade to a 450 bench press in competition.
- Training at Westside Barbell.
- Studying everyday gym goers to become a better lifter and coach.
- Zach’s best numbers including a 720 lb. squat, 675 lb. deadlift, and 225 bench for 60+ reps.
26:00 – 42:00: Iron Valley Barbell
- Using online training as a platform for starting a gym.
- Starting a world-class gym with no job and no money.
- Being persistent and not taking no for an answer when nobody would give him a shot.
- Giving back to the community through various lifting events and raising money to build a well in Africa.
42:00 – 58:00: PowerGainz Ebook
- Why ebooks have been a successful content platform.
- Who PowerGainz is for and the thought that went into the programming.
- How people can overcome the fear of being “exposed” and “vulnerable”.
58:00 – 1:01:00: The Fire Round
- Zach answers a series of random questions including the one thing he would eat daily if it had no impact on his health and if he could make a game winning kick in the Super Bowl.