Welcome to episode 14 of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast! In this week’s episode we’re joined by special guest, Jay Azeltine, to discuss his successful online training career, tips on how to launch an online fitness business and general training/nutrition info! It’s a great episode packed with helpful insight on how you can begin the journey to a 6-figure business from the comfort of you home, while helping hundreds of people! Listen up!
2:00 – 9:00: Jay Azeltine Bio & Background
- Training at Old School Gym from the young age of 16.
- Dropping out of college to take a full time job at MusclePharm.
- Going all-in on building an online brand and business.
9:00 – 22:00: Growing Up in Old School Gym
- How the gym has changed over time.
- What sets Old School apart from other gyms.
- The influence Cory and other mentors have had on Jay’s life.
- Learning through actions rather than taking directions.
22:00 – 46:00: Making a Living as an Online Trainer
- Did Jay always believe he could make a living online training?
- The ups and downs of entrepreneurship.
- Being consistent with content to drive business.
- The systems Jay uses to serve clients.
- The give and take of online vs. in-person training.
- The behind-the-scenes work that goes into building an online brand.
- Jay’s plans for the future of his business and other ventures.
46:00 – 53:00: Jay’s Current Training and Nutrition Protocol
- High fat, high protein, moderate carb diet to prep for his California business trip.
- High volume training including back twice a week for GAINS.
53:00 – 1:00:00: The Fire Round
- Jay answers a series of questions including how he has such incredible hair and if he enjoys ketchup on hot dogs.