Welcome to episode 15 of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast! This week’s show is a break from our normal style. We decided not to have a guest on this week and catch you guys up on some more personal info and really just fill each other (and you) in on current/future plans!
9:00 – 23:00: Fitness Certifications
- Kevin talks about finally taking his CPT exam.
- The guys weigh in on whether or not fitness certifications are necessary.
- Knowledge learned in the field vs. in a textbook.
- Why the guys are against requiring trainers to have a 4-year fitness degree.
23:00 – 54:00: In-Person Training
- Kevin explains his plans for doing more in-person training with youth athletes.
- Justin discusses his current opportunity working with youth basketball players.
- The difference between establishing yourself in-person vs. online.
- Kevin talks about his desire to run a fight camp for his MMA athletes.
54:00 – 1:10:00: Online Coaching
- Why Justin chose to dive into online training.
- How Justin has picked up methods from various trainers to create his own system.
- Differentiating from other online coaches.
- Taking constructive criticism to improve your product.