Welcome to episode 25 of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast! This week we decided to lighten up the show and kick it back & forth with an extended fire round! We put each other through a series of random info questions and had a ton of fun!
1:00 – 10:00: Catching Up with the Fellas
- Justin updates us on the status of his gym and when he plans to open.
- Kevin shares what happened during his recent procedure.
10:00 – 16:00: What’s Your Favorite Deadlift Variation?
- Why Kevin and Justin both love the Trap Bar Deadlift.
- The benefits of Rack Pulls, or shorter range of motion deadlifts.
- Why the Landmine Deadlift is a great (often overlooked) variation.
16:00 – 34:00: What Supplements Are You Taking?
- Justin’s simple supplement regimen that he’s maintained for the past 4-5 years.
- The benefits of digestive enzymes and probiotics.
- Kevin explains how he’s gotten over pre-workout dependence.
- The longer the guys have lifted, the fewer supplements they take.
- Are BCAAs useless?!
34:00 – 40:00: What’s Your Mt. Rushmore of TV Shows?
- The guys discuss their top 4 shows including Game of Thrones, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Friends, and more.
40:00 – 51:00: What Are Your Favorite Songs of 2017?
- The best jams of the past year including Slide by Calvin Harris, Butterfly Effect by Travis Scott, and Love Galore by SZA.
51:00 – 59:00: Which Athletes Would We Most Like to Train?
- Our dream training clients including James Harrison, Lance Stephenson, and Baker Mayfield.
59:00 – 1:03:00: Favorite Christmas Movie of All-Time?
- Home Alone? Elf? Christmas Vacation? So many to choose from!