This week, Kevin and Justin welcome Ryan Michler on the show for a discussion about all things MAN. Ryan is the host of the enormously successful Order of Man podcast, and author of the new book Sovereignty: The Battle For The Hearts and Minds of Men. On this episode, Ryan explains the battle that men are facing in today’s increasingly soft society, and shares a couple sovereign virtues to help men regain their masculinity.
2:00 – 11:00: Order of Man
- Why Ryan started Order of Man.
- Staying consistent with his podcast every week for over 300 episodes.
- Focusing on both the process and the results.
- How the laws of physics apply to life.
- Building, and relying on, strong habits through different periods of life.
11:00 – 35:00: Sovereignty
- Why Ryan decided to write a book.
- The responsibility we have to help others, even if we don’t necessarily enjoy it.
- Airing out your own shit to help others get through theirs.
- What sovereignty means.
- The importance of taking responsibility and REIGNing over your own life.
- The internal battle that men are facing in today’s society.
- Why men need to become more self-reliant.
- Becoming PROactive rather than PROactive.
- What men do to protect their fragile egos.
- How more discipline leads to more achievement.
- Putting aside the way you feel in the moment to accomplish what needs to be done.
- How being honest with the little things carries over to the big things.
35:00 – 40:00: The Fire Round
- Ryan answers a series of random questions including his favorite podcast guest and what it means to be man.