You aren’t making progress in the gym. You can’t lose weight. You can’t build muscle. And on top of it all, you don’t even know why!
Well, Justin and Kevin are here to tell you.
This week, the guys are discussing a few of the major reasons that people have trouble reaching their fitness goals. Justin and Kevin have worked with hundreds of athletes, and have noticed a few common trends among them that tend to kill progress. This podcast is all about acknowledging those limiting factors, owning them, and leaving them in the past.
2:00 – 9:00: NCAA Tournament Banter
- The guys talk for WAY too long about women’s basketball and the WNBA.
9:00 – 14:00: Identifying the Reasons People Fail to Make Progress
- People fail to progress in and out of the gym for a few common reasons.
- Bringing these reasons to light to help listeners identify and improve them.
14:00 – 30:00: Failing to Manage Sleep & Stress
- Sleep is how our bodies recover- mentally and physically.
- How chronically undersleeping leads to a host of issues including underperforming in the gym.
- Why leaning on substances to fall asleep or avoid stress is an issue.
- How to put your body in a parasympathetic state to help it rest and recover.
30:00 – 48:00: Eating Stuff You KNOW You Shouldn’t Eat
- Why starting with adding the stuff you KNOW you should eat is the base for everyone.
- How following the obvious nutrition rules alone will make a difference.
- Why UNDEReating is just as much of a problem as OVEReating.
48:00 – 1:07:00: The Keys- Effort, Discipline, and Consistency
- Why being consistent for a week or a month doesn’t mean anything.
- Why discipline is like a muscle- the more you use it, the stronger it gets.
- Why just showing up isn’t good enough.
1:07:00 – 1:20:00: Enjoy Your Training to Make Real Progress
- Why you have to actually enjoy your training to make progress.
- How to pick a style of working out that you’ll stick with.
- What the best style of training is.