Welcome to episode 5 of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast! Stream below or skim over the show notes to get the scoop on what’s going down in today’s episode!
0:00 – 50:00: You Hate Your Job… Now What?
Identify the problem
- How to identify the TRUE problem leading you to hate your job
- Do you hate your career or your job?
- Do you hate your co-workers or your career?
- Do you hate your career or your compensation?
- Is your job hurting your quality of life? Health, relationships, etc.
- Why do you reallllllllly want to quit?
- Switch from a reactive mindset to a proactive mindset.
- Re-frame the problem to a solution.
- Find your WHY – Your deepest driving purpose.
- Beginning with the end in mind
- How to develop the perfect day formula.
Create a plan of attack
- Complaining gets you nowhere. You need a solution.
- No plan, no chance. You have to be calculated.
- Create a comprehensive solution, not an emotional decision.
- Start small. Then use small wins to create momentum.
- Reach out to mentors and people who are doing what you want to do.
- Stick to your vision, don’t let mishaps become “new plans”
- Make it a priority and prove it with ACTIONS.
- Schedule consistent time daily and slowly build to more and more time.
- “Whatever you fear most, is what you most need to do.” — TAKE LEAPS!
50:00 – 1:17:00: Building Your Mt. Rushmore
- Kevin builds his Mt. Rushmore of Will Ferrell movies and ways to develop power in athletes.
- Justin builds his Mt. Rushmore of 90’s cartoons and core exercises.
- Hilarity ensues…