Welcome to episode 9 of the Saved By The Barbell Podcast! Stream below or skim over the show notes to get the scoop on what’s going down in today’s episode!
6:00 – 10:00: How Many Days Per Week You Should Train
- The difference between training and exercise.
- Consistency is the key to long term success.
10:00 – 22:00: The Optimal Training Split
- Kevin discusses the benefits of an upper/lower split.
- Just makes his case for a push/pull split.
- Why you should prioritize the posterior chain in ALL workout programs.
22:00 – 36:00: The Best Time of Day to Workout
- Does it really matter when you train?
- Pros and cons of early morning and afternoon workouts.
36:00 – 47:00: A Proper Warm-Up
- How important is a warm-up?
- Why 5 minutes of cardio doesn’t count.
47:00 – 1:02:00: Foundational Movements and Our Favorite Exercises
- The 5-6 movements that should be prioritized in every workout plan.
- The importance of unilateral exercises.
- How to combine various exercises to make a complete program.
1:02:00 – 1:05:00: The Ideal Workout Duration
- How long should your workout last?
- Why warm-ups and finishers are foundations of our programming.
1:05:00 – 1:13:00: Advanced Training Methods
- Methods that we like to program including supersets, compound sets, circuits, and more.
1:13:00 – 1:18:00: Staying Healthy Outside of the Gym
- Daily habits to get fit
- The importance of walking and stretching and how to incorporate them into your day.
1:18:00 – 1:22:00: How Long a Program Should Last
- How long do you try a program before switching?
- The benefits of sticking to a specific style of training for an extended period of time.