It’s time for another weekly installment of The Weekly Roundup: The Things That Didn’t Suck. Each week I’ll feature 3 awesome articles that I read during the week that I feel everyone can benefit from, then some random highlights and lowlights from the week for some extra news. Each week you can expect to get quick access to impactful info and learn something new. A lot of stuff on the web just sucks – but not this stuff!
Trap Bar Deadlifts Are Underrated
Written By: Greg Nuckols
Published By: Stronger By Science
Upside Down Pull-Ups for Strength, Size and Performance
Written By: Joel Seedman
Published By: AdvancedHumanPerformance.com
3 Ways to Avoid Burnout in Business
Written by: Chris Myers
Published by: Forbes
Worst Things of the Week:
- Pacers went into the NBA All-Star break on a 6-game losing streak. Yikes.
No joke, I’m at LA Fitness for the first time in years and have seen FOUR people superset Bench Press & Curls. I do not even hate it tho.
— Justin Ochoa (@Justin_M_Ochoa) February 17, 2017
Best Things of the Week:
- I attended my first conference of 2017 at the inaugural NHSSCA National Conference in Atlanta and had an amazing experience. I learned a ton of great info, met some awesome people and got back to Indy today very thankful that I attended.
- Today I finished my second book of the year and did another #3WordBookReview for it. Check out Start With Why by Simon Sinek and definitely give it a read. (or at least my review).
- STACK.com published my most recent articles last Wednesday covering how to get buy-in from your youth athletes. Read that here.
- I have some HUGE NEWS for you within the next 2-3 days. It’s gonna be yuuuuuuuuuuge.
- Lastly…. how about this weather?!?! 60 degrees in February. I’ll take that.